Program Begins February 17, 2013
Runners and Walkers Welcome!
Although people run for different reasons, this combination Bible study/learn to run program is designed for those who make God the center of their lives—or need to be reminded to do so. The tone is conversational and accessible, and the workout plans, discussion questions and Bible verses are targeted to beginners of all ages and ability levels—especially those who have never run. This exciting new program will help you understand the parallels of endurance running and enduring faith.
Be ready to complete your first 5k (3.1 mile) or 10k (6.2 mile) race in just 12 weeks, while strengthening your faith and commitment to God.
Run for God’s Mission
• To prepare people to be better witnesses for Christ: physically, mentally and spiritually
• Physically: Create a healthier you and reach new believers.
• Mentally: Learn the discipline and gain the endurance to “run the race before us.”
• Spiritually: Learn always to give God the glory for all we accomplish.
Class and Training Group
Bible Study Classes
• One-hour classes meet Sundays at RHBC at 4:30 p.m.
• Class format: 30-minute Bible study and 30- minute instruction on various running topics
Group Training Sessions
• Twice weekly group training sessions at RHBC: Tuesdays at 6:30 p.m. and Saturdays at 8:00 a.m. (Childcare available on Tuesday nights).
• Participants do not have to attend both weekly training sessions, but are encouraged to complete three weekly workouts.
Run your First 5k or 10k!
• 5k and 10k participants will complete the "Get in the Pink" on Saturday, May 11.
5K Program for Walkers!
• Designed for new and experienced walkers, this 12-week program meets at the same time as the Run for God program. Participants increase their mileage slowly in order to prepare to walk a 5k (3.1 mile) event.
• Eligibility: Adults and youth 7th grade and older (Youth must attend with an adult who is participating).
• Registration Fee: $75 per participant. Includes book, shirt and entry fee for local 5k or 10k race.
(Alumni can register at a discounted rate of $35, with the option to purchase a new Run for God shirt.)
• Program runs February 17 through May 11.
Online Registration is now closed.
Click here for the Spring 2013 Brochure!
For more information, contact:
Bill Haselden at (803) 622-7654 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Jeanna Moffett at (803) 240-5293 or email@example.com
You can also visit www.RunforGod.com.